JET BLUE AIRWAYS Ground Operations, Crew Member
May 2009 – Present Queens, New York
The other half of my creative coin, comes to a surprise to many that I gruel it out outdoors in all weather extremes working Ground Operations for jetBlue! This physically demanding job has honestly given me a valuable lesson; if you’re not willing to sweat for it, hustle for it, bust your ass for it, then you’re too comfortable for success.
• Consult frequently with Crewleaders, Airtraffic Control, Supervisor and General Manager on incoming and outbound flights under pressure and fixed time constraints
• Provide assistance to customers with special needs and assistance with boarding, meeting arrival flights, and general customer service support
• Guide aircraft to and from aircraft parking locations
• Operate the following: deicing, provisioning, external aircraft and ground service equipments
• Maintain flexibility to work standard work hours including weekends, holidays, and irregular shifts, including environmental conditions such as inclement weather, warehouse provisioning, and high noise areas.
• Completed background training in FAA & Government Procedures for Post-9/11 safety, CPE, internal flight monitoring systems, and general aviation education.
TEAVANA Tea Specialist & Sales Associate
March 2005 – September 2005 • Garden City, New York
As a practitioner of holistic principle. Tea; has been a long time love for me, often used for my own healing and general well-being. Getting the opportunity to train and learn valuable tea brewing techniques and business 101 via Teavana was a blessing that gave me more fruitful skills than I had anticipated learning. These skills help me coordinate rudimentary etiquette in my practice. That and I always know what tea makes the perfect brewing experience for an individuals personal needs.
• Completed comprehensive training in tea-making and brewing of various teas to provide maximized customer support, feedback, and promotion of products
• Signed a contract that prohibited me from opening a tea store for 4 years of the signature date (which I can now do :) and trained to learn the nuances of tea brewing and flavor mixing. This contract gave me insider information on brewing the perfect cup, handling, preparing, and mixing tea by it’s type (Green, White, Black, Herbal, ect)
• Regularly interacted with various types of customers, effectively marketing and selling tea as a health choice (converted coffee drinkers by the hundreds)
• Performed regular financial duties such as: monthly inventory counts and reconciliation, add-on sales accrual, and management of regular customers